Thursday, September 10, 2009

From Heckler to Announcer: Come Check it Out at Quad Cross This Sunday

As some of you know, I am one of most merciless hecklers in New England cyclocross. I am especially known for calling people out for sandbagging and coming up with creative taunts and comments to get a reaction from pinned riders.

Apparently my skills have been noticed. I will announcing at Quad 'Cross this Sunday

This morning, I got an email from Ian Sutton, the quiet promotor of Wednesday Night SuperPrestige, asking if I would be willing to help out with the race announcing. Obviously, this is my kind of thing, so I jumped at the chance.

Since my schedule is quite full currently, I will only be announcing the races right after my race, the elite women's and the elite men's races.

I may be lucky enough to be joined by fellow teachers, Matt Aumiller and Matt Miller, who have also agreed to help out.

It should be interesting to see if I am able to make the transition from mean and offensive heckler to family friendly race announcer.

2 comments:

Cary said...

Who do I speak to so I can announce your race?

RMM said...

Cary:

Your booming voice does not need a microphone.