Monday, March 2, 2009

RMM Wins His First Cycling Event of 2009


PedalStrike had a contest for the best bicycle related Valantine's Day story. I wrote a cute little synopsis of my love's V-Day. Our winning story is here: PedalStrike Contest

PedalStrike, named Kaiko in the real world, makes some very pretty and functional cycling caps. She is also a super nice person. 

Kaiko usually has a few caps available at Cambridge Bicycle, but they sell out quickly (there are a couple currently in stock). You can contact her directly through her blog to see if you can convince her to make you a custom cap. She was recently featured on trackasaurus and seems to be a little overwhelmed with her newfound fame.

I feel honored to have won, but since I am afraid that this is the last cycling event that I will win this year, I am hopping up on the trainer immediately to bang out some intervals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats again!

and you're going to try winning the freddy v. jason race too, right?

RMM said...

Though I am a seasoned urban cyclist and have even briefly worked as a bicycle messenger, I have never raced an alley cat.

I do not think that I will win, but I should be able to ride my bicycle faster than most.

I am not able to ride a race for "participation," either I am trying to win, helping someone win or I am watching.

So we will see.